Ongoing Daily Care For Sensitive Teeth
If you’re wondering how best to care for your sensitive teeth, the key is to incorporate good habits into your daily oral health routine.
Sensodyne has a full range of toothpastes, toothbrushes and mouthwashes specially designed for people with sensitive teeth.
Follow these tips to help care for your sensitive teeth.
- Brush, use mouthwash and floss regularlyGood oral hygiene can help prevent conditions that can lead to tooth sensitivity, such as receding gums.
- Don't brush too hard or too oftenBrushing overly aggressively or more frequently than your dentist recommends can contribute to gum recession and wear your enamel. Over time, receding gums and enamel loss can lead to exposed dentine and tooth sensitivity.
- Use a softer toothbrushA softer toothbrush can help to reduce the effects of aggressive brushing and help to protect your enamel.
- Use desensitising toothpastes Desensitising toothpastes, like those in the Sensodyne range, such as Sensodyne Repair & Protect, can provide daily relief from pain due to sensitivity when used twice a day.
- Use a mouthwashUsing a mouthwash that is designed for people with sensitive teeth, like our Sensodyne Mouthwashes, provides long lasting protection from sensitivity when used as directed. However, it is best to wait a while after brushing before rinsing, or rinse at a different time to brushing so you are not washing away the protective fluoride.
Talk to your dentist about the best oral hygiene routine for you, including the best tooth brushing technique, how frequently and for how long.